Sunday, April 22, 2012

Random Sunday Thought : Sweetness.

"Hello babe. Have you eaten your dinner na? 
Don't starve yourself, i'll get mad. Okay? Love you. Kisses. :-)"

Sweetness.
If you're a girl who's like me, your first reaction will be,
"awww. sweet naman."
Well, it's the universal initial reaction in our world.
We tend to get really overwhelmed with all those sweetness.
I must admit, I am a casualty.

But, let me ask you this?
When do you think sweetness goes overboard?
When do you think it's nakakaumay na?
Do you think it's just okay to be not-so-sweet at times?
Is it something that will hurt your pride?

I had this experience before that led me into asking someone
who's older than I am, "Ok lang po ba minsan hindi ka magpaka-sweet?".
And his answer really left me thinking deep.
He said something like, "Paano ba yung natural mo sa kanya? Bakit kailangan mong baguhin? 
Hindi ba dapat ipagpatuloy mo lang yun hanggang sa marealize nya na kailangan mo din 
na maramdaman yun? Wag mong baguhin ang sarili mo kung ganun ka na talaga."
He's right.
I need not to change myself.
If I am really that saccharine-sweet in nature, why would I change that?
I was blessed with this kind of attitude.
Unlike those who were like pooped on by the Adarna.


Being sweet is a gift.
A gift that you need to work on.
A gift that you need to share.
For other people might not be blessed with it.

Another question:
When do you think it should stop?

Well, I think it shouldn't.
In the first place, what is your reason for stopping.
You're just trying to pretend to be someone you're not.

Stay sweet! Stay sugar-y sweet! :-)
Hakuna Matata!! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment